Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm gonna be a mom!

So how did this all start...
Well sometime around November I started feeling sick, I noticed that I would only get sick at night or sometimes from certain foods. But ignoring the fact that it only happened with certain foods, I thought it was just a stomach bug. I'd been sick in October and thought the illness had followed me into another month. Thanksgiving came around when it was time to eat i had barely ate anything on my plate when the sudden urge to throw up appeared and I didn't finish my food. When I got home though I ate a whole can of pineapple with no problem. I'd been urged by a couple of my close friends and my fiancee to take a home pregnancy test, so my best friend got me a test to take. I took the test, which in my head was just to prove everyone wrong. I wasn't pregnant, I couldn't be pregnant, how many times had I thought I was and boom the next week my aunt flo came along. So when that test showed the little plus sign, I was in complete and utter shock. First I cried a little bit, then I got happy, and then I got nervous.
Once that had worn off a little bit, I waited for my fiancee to get home to tell him the good news, he pretty much did the same thing I did, except there were no tears.  The next day I took two more tests just reassure myself some more (you know those things can be inaccurate). They once again confirmed what I had already figured out, now the next step was how to tell our families. Would they be angry with us? Disappointed? Excited? Now the trip to my parents house was a funny trip, we got there had dinner and right afterwards my fiancee turns to my parents and says "I need to ask for you help to pay for health insurance." I honestly believe they thought there was something seriously wrong with me, but then when the questioning looks came, my fiancee said "because she's pregnant!" (all this while holding a fork he'd used during dinner). They were excited and shocked, they hadn't expected this to come up. Now my fiancees parents were just as happy for us (well my fiancees mom more so than his dad, he just laughed).

No comments:

Post a Comment